Apply Online for this Job Today
- This department will work directly with the Substation project’s team to complete projects. (34.5kV up to 765kV TRANSMISSION SUBSTATION PROJECTS)
- Working to develop wiring diagrams, cable/conduit tables from schematics.
- Develop detailed substation layouts/elevations.
- Develop detailed bill of materials for substation power equipment.
- Developing Plan views, elevation schematics, one & three line diagrams.
- Will work on high voltage substations, from 34.5kV to 765kV.
- Will be asked to create, modify, or manage protection schemes that deal with breaker control, line relaying, bus relaying, and communication from internal to the station as well as external to the station.
- Will be asked to work with the latest standards to create drawings for a given project.
- Associates or Bachelors in Drafting and Design (EE Applicable)
- At least 5 years experience in Electrical Design
- At least 5 years experience with AutoCAD or Microstation
- Ability to develop schematics from scratch and create wire diagrams from those schematics
- Must have experience running solely on a project from start to finish
Required Skills for Substation Designer Job:
- SUBSTATION DESIGN MICROSTATION
- TRANSMISSION SUBSTATION
- PHYSICAL DESIGN
- LAYOUT DESIGN
Join Aerotek Energy Services®, one of the largest providers of specialized personnel and management services to the commercial nuclear industry, the Department of Energy, the utilities industry, and engineering and consulting firms throughout North America. Assignments vary from several weeks to several years with many offering permanent opportunities. Aerotek offers comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k. Don't put your career in the hands of just anyone, put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek Energy Services team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.